ancient-wisdom.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will global warming lead us to even greater discoveries of man's past?

Go down

Will global warming lead us to even greater discoveries of man's past? Empty Will global warming lead us to even greater discoveries of man's past?

Post  streetbeat Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Dear Mr. Whitaker and Ancient-Wisdom forum readers:

I am writing to say how exciting I find this Web site. It asks some very good questions and leads one to entertain some interesting possibilities about man's past.

I have great interest in history and, lately, have taken more interest in learning of man’s ancient past—those slim-documented periods that contain about man’s place in the world or his technical abilities in such times.

I subscribe to Archeology magazine and view its Web site www.archeology.org daily to explore new discoveries made around the globe. As the earth continues to erode—perhaps a symptom of global warming—it reveals new evidence of human activity from thousands of years ago. I am fascinated by discoveries such as the earliest-known temples in present-day Turkey and communities that predate the “great flood.”

Questions: Could the great flood have been an earthquake-induced tsunami(s) submerging countless early coastal communities? Could islands hidden below fresh and saltwater hold secrets of advanced civilizations existing between the last Ice Age and the first documented periods of modern man? What will we learn as experts explore the once-lush Sahara and its ancient rivers that once flowed through northern Africa to the Mediterranean?
Was Egypt the most advanced ancient culture of its time, or is it simply better preserved than others that remain hidden by sand or sea?

Masonic legacy: I come from a rather long line of builders and speculative Masons. My grandfather (mother’s side), had a fascinating career in the U.S. Navy and was a 32nd degree Mason. His name: Chester V. Jackson. I treasure the ring he was given in Washington D.C. in 1927 to signify the event (although I still do not understand all the inscriptions found on (and inside) this beautiful ring.)

My great-grandfather, grandfather and father were fellow Masons of the Scottish Rite. I was never prodded by family to pursue the brotherhood, but felt compelled to learn more and was initiated in the early 1980’s. Unfortunately, I did not purusue advancement in the degrees and now wish I had. I suppose it is never too late to start again.

I would be most interested in hearing from forum readers about their contacts or suggested readings.

Yours most cordially,

Christopher J. Street
Raleigh, NC
streetbeat@nc.rr.com

streetbeat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum