ancient-wisdom.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drugs in megalithic sites

3 posters

Go down

drugs in megalithic sites Empty drugs in megalithic sites

Post  capricorn Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:22 am

Do you think that the remains of the drugs found at some of the ancient sites were left by the BUILDERS of these sites, or by people visiting at later periods? Do you have 'confirmed' proof of who it was? (eg at Gavriness and Hypergeum?)
Is there any evidence of drugs at other sites that you know of?

capricorn

Back to top Go down

drugs in megalithic sites Empty Neolithic drug use

Post  English-Al. Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Capricorn.. Good point.

In answer to your question. As I understand it traces of majrihuana were found inside vases found at Gavrinis. They are contemporary with the structure. The traces of Ergot from inside the 'offering pit' in the Hypogeum were mentioned to me by the guide working there but I have not read any literature on it as yet. I shall look into it and get back a.s.a.p.

English-Al.
Admin

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk

Back to top Go down

drugs in megalithic sites Empty Re: drugs in megalithic sites

Post  Acolyte Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 am

Take a read of Graham Hancock's 'Supernatural' - it's an interesting take on the role drugs may have had on our development. Unlike University studies he went & tried rather than reading abstruse journals about bio-molecular effects. I'm not sure I accept all of what he posits, but there's some solid data & sound speculation in there, & on more subjects than just drugs.

Acolyte

Back to top Go down

drugs in megalithic sites Empty Re: drugs in megalithic sites

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down